The Parenting Place
KCR recognizes the importance of the family structure and we strive to help families in ways that truly matter. The Parenting Place is one of those ways; offering classes and resources that help family members build positive family relationships and create healthy home environments.
If you and/or your family members are interested in learning more, The Parenting Place can be a great resource for you.
Parenting classes and resources are designed to help:
- Parents recovering from substance abuse
- Survivors and perpetrators of domestic violence
- Building skills for parenting children infant through the teen years
- Strengthening Families Program for youth and their parent(s)
- Successfully raising the ‘spirited child’
New Class Begins February 4th!
Raising Your Spirited Child – An 8-week parenting class for community parents and caregivers. For more information, please click here.
We offer a full-spectrum of services designed to build strong families in Kitsap County. Our classes for parents and children build on existing strengths, using the Developmental Assets Model. Topics include:
- Parenting and Beyond
- Parenting Teens
- Helping children who have witnessed domestic violence
- The Challenging Child
- Parenting in Recovery
- Love & Logic
- Strengthening Families
- Nurturing Parenting
- Making Parenting A Pleasure
The Parenting Place Lending Library
The Parenting Place also has books, pamphlets and other resources covering every parenting issue and topic available! Stop by and look at our library and sign up for a parenting class!
For program eligibility information or a current class schedule, please contact us for more information.