If you are a veteran, Kitsap County and KCR would like you to know that we are proud of you and that we are thankful for your sacrifice in serving our country. In order to extend help to veterans in need, Kitsap Community Resources (KCR) operates the Veterans Assistance Program under contract with the Kitsap County Veterans Program.
This program provides eligible veterans and/or immediate family members with emergency financial assistance.
Temporary emergency assistance is available for:
- Rental assistance
- Energy & utilities assistance
- Assistance for food, transportation, medical and prescription costs, burial costs, and many other needs
- Income eligibility rules are applicable. Please bring the past 3-months of income documentation in order to determine your eligibility.
- You must have resided in Kitsap County for at least 90-days at the time of your application.
- You must also have served 180 days active duty and have an honorable discharge or general under honorable conditions.
Individuals must start their application through a local veteran service organization (VSO), such as the American Legion, Disabled American Veterans, or Veterans of Foreign Wars.
Once your eligibility has been determined by VSO, you may schedule an appointment with Garry Hughes at the KCR Veterans Assistance office: (360) 473-2034. Garry will help you find benefits in veteran as well as non-veteran programs.
For more information, application form, and for the nearest VSO location, please click here: Kitsap County Veterans Program
Qualifying for Disability Benefits at the Same Time As VA Disability Please Read