Required Orientation Documents
The following documents are required in order to complete orientation paperwork and determine eligibility:
- Picture ID
- Social Security card, birth certificate, or US passport
- Proof of household income
- DSHS award letter (if applicable)
- DD-214 (if you are a veteran)
If you are unable to bring these documents to orientation, you will not be turned away! Immediately following orientation, you will meet with a case manager who will review your situation and make recommendations, as well as schedule a follow up appointment if you would like.
We look forward to helping you on your job search journey!
WorkSource Affiliate Services
As an affiliate of The WorkSource WA, Kitsap Community Resources manages the WorkSource Affiliate office, serving residents at the KCR Bremerton and KCR South Kitsap Family Service Center.
Kitsap County residents, regardless of income or employment background, are welcome to utilize the services provided by WorkSource or KCR. These services include:
- Computer lab access with staff assistance
- Individual job search assistance
- Resume/job application assistance
- Career assessments
- Labor market information
- Job training information
- Job preparation workshops
- Document scanning and fax machine access
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult and Dislocated Worker Programs
The WIOA Adult and Dislocated Worker programs are employment and training programs for people who need help in finding a job or a new career. These programs can include training and/or skill upgrading in high demand fields. The program can also assist those who are unemployed or underemployed, and those who have barriers and/or lack of financial resources needed to obtain work. The provision of services are based upon each individual’s eligibility, career goals, specific needs, and availability of funds.
WIOA funds can be used to provide:
- Occupational skills training
- Career coaching
- Employment search
- Work related needs, including:
- Work tools
- Work clothing
Anyone may attend our workshops, regardless of income or your job search goal. The WorkSource Affiliate Office offers a variety of workshops, including:
- WIOA Adult/Dislocated Worker Orientation
- Beginners Resume Development Lab
- Computer workshops on Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Job Hunter Series:
- Skills and Abilities Analysis
- Job Search Strategies
- Perfecting Applications
- Effective Cover Letters and Resumes
- Interviewing Techniques
Classes are added periodically as needs are identified. Sign-up and check class schedule here.
Community Jobs: KCR’s Community Jobs program assists clients referred by DSHS to gain or improve work place skills to enhance employability. Services for WorkFirst participants include:
- Training opportunities
- Support and mentoring
- Job matching services
- Transportation assistance
- Interview/employment clothing
Life Skills classes are training and enhanced job skill training that prepare for success in the workplace. KCR offers classes that help participants with employment and career skills.
- Time Management
- Budget Management/Financial Literacy
- Work Place Culture
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Overcoming Barriers
- Stress and Conflict Resolution
- Resume Review and Interviewing Skills
- Computer Literacy
- Workplace Communication
The WorkSource Affiliate offers a 12-station computer lab that is open to the public for job search and/or self-sufficiency purposes only. You may print up to 10 pages daily. The lab closes during some workshops.