What Is WIC?
The Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC) is a nutrition program that helps families get nutritious foods and info on eating better. WIC is available to pregnant women, new and breastfeeding moms, infants, and children to their 5th birthday.
Call one of the offices below if you would like:
- Monthly healthy foods to help with your food budget;
- Nutrition education and cool cooking ideas;
- Tips on breastfeeding and formula feeding and problem solving with any challenges;
- Extra checks to take to local Farmers’ Markets;
- A quick and easy way to keep track of your child’s growth and nutrition.
WIC will also be introducing an EBT card instead of paper checks starting in February, 2019! Keep an eye on this site for the latest updates.
How to Apply
Call one of our offices to find out more and determine your eligibility. If eligible, we will set up an appointment for you. You will need to bring identification, proof of residency, and proof of income to your WIC appointment. If you are pregnant, also bring proof of pregnancy.
You are eligible if you:
- Live in Washington State, and
- Are pregnant, a new mother, or a child under five years of age, and
- Meet the income guidelines set by the Washington State WIC Nutrition program, and
- Have a medical or nutritional need.