With rising utility and housing costs, and declining family incomes, KCR recognizes the increasing difficulty for low-income households to make ends meet. The Energy Assistance program assists income-eligible renters and homeowners by providing financial assistance to pay their electric, natural gas, and heating bills.
If you would like to learn more about our Energy programs, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
If you would like to schedule an appointment, you may call the Energy line at (360) 479-1507
If you would like to schedule an appointment online, please see the eligibility requirements below.
IMPORTANT: There are a limited number of appointments available. Once all open appointments are booked, appointments will no longer appear on the online appointment scheduler.
- You MUST reside in Kitsap County.
- If you are unsure that you live in Kitsap County, please check this Zip Code list.
- If you do not live in Kitsap County and need energy assistance, please visit the following website: Washington State Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
- You may only qualify ONE time for each program. Funding availability is as follows:
- PSE: October 1st – September 30th or until funding is exhausted.
- WEAF: October 1st – September 30th or until funding is exhausted.
- LIHEAP: October 1st – September 30th or until funding is exhausted.
- You must be income eligible to qualify for energy assistance. For income guidelines, please review the link: Household Size and Income Chart.
I meet each of the above requirements and I wish to proceed.
What if I receive a disconnect notice?
Please call your utility company to find out if payment arrangements can be made. If you cannot work out an arrangement to keep your heat on, please bring your disconnect notice to our Energy office located at 1201 Park Ave., Bremerton, WA 98337 and you will be scheduled for a crisis appointment.